Archive for the ‘Child Rape’ Category
- In: Activism | Bad Mommies | Bad Moms | Battered Moms | Best interest of the child | Child Abuse | Child Abuse by Mothers | Child Custody | Child Custody Battle | Child Custody for mothers | Child Custody Mediation | Child Pornography | Child Rape | Child Support | Children and Domestic Violence | Children who witness abuse | Civil rights | Claudine Dombrowski | Domestic Violence | Family Courts | Family Rights | Females who hate females | Females who molest kids | Females who rape children | Mothers | Non-Custodial Mothers | Sociopaths
- Comments Off on American mom charged with murdering 3 children
EDINBURGH, Scotland – Scottish police on Friday charged the American mother of three children who were found dead in an Edinburgh town house with their murder.
Theresa Riggi, 46, was arrested late Friday after police completed autopsies on her children: 8-year-old twins Augustino and Gianluca and their 5-year-old sister Cecilia.
The children were discovered after a gas explosion Wednesday at the town house, but are not thought to have died as a result of the blast. Riggi is hospitalized in serious but stable condition after apparently falling from an upper story of the house on the same day.
“Due to the medical condition of the accused, it is not at this time known when she will appear in court,” a police spokesman said on condition of anonymity in line with policy.
Riggi and her husband, American oil industry executive Pasquale Riggi, 46, of Colorado, were getting divorced and contesting the custody of their children.
Scottish authorities said the couple were due to attend court hearings in the case this week, and on Tuesday a judge raised concerns over the children’s safety when their mother failed to appear for the divorce proceedings.
Police said they are investigating the circumstances of the deaths and have interviewed the children’s father, but confirmed he is not a suspect in the case.
They said the autopsies on the children were completed Friday. No details were disclosed, but a report has been submitted to prosecutors, police said.
Pasquale Riggi described his anguish over the death of his children.
“Our family is struggling to come to terms with the immense and tragic loss of three beautiful children,” he said in a statement issued by Edinburgh’s Lothian and Borders police department.
His wife and the children went missing from the family’s home in Aberdeen, a port town about 100 miles (160 kilometers) north of Edinburgh, on July 21, prompting police to launch a search.
Pasquale Riggi grew up in Colorado, where he attended Denver’s Regis Jesuit High School, graduating in 1982. He serves as an executive with Royal Dutch Shell PLC in Scotland, and had previously worked with the company in the Netherlands.
- In: Activism | Bad Mommies | Bad Moms | Battered Mothers Custody Conference | Child Abuse by Mothers | Child Custody Battle | Child Custody for mothers | Child Custody Issues | Child Pornography | Child Rape | Children's rights | Domestic Relations | Domestic Violence | Domestic Violence Against Children | Females who hate females | Females who molest kids | Females who rape children
- Comments Off on Mother charged with child abuse
Mother charged with child abuse
Son found wandering in neighborhood
Updated: Tuesday, 02 Mar 2010, 4:31 PM EST
Published : Tuesday, 02 Mar 2010, 12:05 PM EST
SUFFOLK, Va. (WAVY) – A Suffolk mother faces child abuse charges after a neighbor found her 4-year-old son wandering around the neighborhood.
Jessica Cerise Monday, 24, of the 200 block of Teal Court was arrested Monday for an incident last month, in which her son was found last month wearing a t-shirt and shorts on Widgeon Court, in 40-degree weather, police say.
Police say this is the second time this has happened. Last September, the same child was found outside wearing just a diaper.
Cerise was not charged in that case. The child is now with a relative.
- In: Bad Mommies | Bad Moms | Battered Moms | Battered Mothers Custody Conference | Best interest of the child | Child Abuse | Child Abuse by Mothers | Child Custody | Child Custody Battle | Child Custody for mothers | Child Custody Issues | Child Rape | Children and Domestic Violence | Children's rights | Civil rights | Divorce | Domestic Abuse | Domestic Relations | Domestic Violence | Family Court Reform | Family Courts | Family Rights | Hate Crimes | Human Rights | Legal abuse | Mom Rapists | Moms and Child Abuse | Mother's Rights | Mothers | Non-Custodial Mothers | Noncustodial Mothers | Sociopaths
- Comments Off on Part III – Female Sexual Abusers: Who are They?
Part III – Female Sexual Abusers: Who are They?
January 13th, 2010 | // ShareThis
Part three of a three part series of articles.
There weren’t a lot of statistics, because no one thought it was a problem. But then in 1990, Ramsay–Klawsnick found that adult females were abusers of male adolescents 37% of the time and of female adolescents 19% of the time; and in six studies reviewed by Russell and FInkelhor, female perpetrators accounted for 25% or more of those abused. In 1996, The National Center on Child Abuse and Neglect conducted a widespread investigation on the maltreatment of children. Of the three million children investigated, more than one million were identified as victims of abuse and of the one million, 12% were sexually abused. The sexual abuse of children by women, primarily mothers, once thought to be so rare that it could be ignored, constituted 25% (approximately 36,000 children) of the sexually abused victims. Furthermore, all of these statistics are likely underestimated because victims of this type of abuse rarely disclose. Finally, there is an alarmingly high rate of sexual abuse by females in the backgrounds of rapists, sex offenders and sexually aggressive men – 59% (Petrovich and Templer, 1984), 66% (Groth, 1979) and 80% (Briere and Smiljanich, 1993).
Why haven’t we, as a society, been aware of this problem? Most probably because women have been idealized as mothers and nurturers. They haven’t been viewed as sexual aggressors. And because they are caretakers and are expected to be emotional, warm and physical with children, no one notices or suspects them. Sexual abuse by women is rarely reported because their victims usually are their own children – who are dependent on them. Furthermore, these children either do not understand what is happening to them or do not think anyone will believe them. And for male victims, there is additional embarrassment and denial – they must have wanted it – men (boys) can’t be raped!
But women can be sexual aggressors. And even though the abuse they are capable of doesn’t conjure up violent images of attack and penetration, surveys show that women are capable of a different type of violence toward their victims, sometimes physical and almost always psychological and verbal. This abuse can penetrate the psyches of their victims more deeply because they are the one person who was never supposed to betray them.
What type of woman would betray her own child or another person’s child in such a manner and why? A profile of a female sexual abuser looks something like this: She would probably be a person with low self-esteem who may have had a history of severe emotional and verbal abuse and/or been a victim of childhood sexual abuse herself. In fact, a study by Fowler et al in 1983 maintained that 80% of incest offenders had been sexually or physically abused as children. There would be feelings of alienation and isolation and possibly the loss of a spouse or other adult partner. She might have a history of drug or alcohol abuse and less often a history of indiscriminate or compulsive sexual activity. There might be arrested psychosexual development; there might be a need to have power and control in some aspect of her life. But the common perception that any woman who does this has to be mentally insane is false. Only a minority of female abusers do not pass reality-testing measures. How the abuse takes place and with who may differ, but the personality type can be constructed from the above profile.
David Finkelhor, who has written extensively on this subject, maintains that there is a Four Factor Model, or to put it another way, there are four components that contribute in different degrees to child molestation:
1. Emotional Congruence – a satisfaction of emotional needs through the abuse of a child that is due to either arrested psychosexual development, immaturity or low self-esteem.
2. Sexual Arousal – probably due to familial conditioning through their own childhood abuse or early fantasy reinforced by masturbation.
3. Blockage – Age appropriate sexual opportunities have been cut off by either a traumatic sexual experience with an adult, sexual dysfunction, limited social skills or a marital disturbance such as the loss of a spouse. The latter has been described as a “Theory of Loss” phenomenon precipitating abuse.
4. Disinhibition – due to poor impulse control either because of substance abuse, a chaotic family background or psychotic mental illness.
There are women who are pedophiles and simply pursue children for the sex, but the female abuser usually falls into one of three categories:
1. Predisposed Offender – the abuser was herself abused as a child and she continues the generational pattern by abusing her own children. It is thought that she becomes an offender in an effort to resolve her own childhood sexual trauma.
2. The Teacher/Lover – she generally becomes involved with an adolescent male with whom she relates to as a peer. She may be looking for non-threatening emotional intimacy.
3. The Male-Coerced Offender – she is being led by an abusive male who she is extremely dependent upon. But she may eventually initiate sexual abuse on her own.
While the public is periodically shocked into awareness by sensational revelations of the second and third type of female abuser (i.e. Hedda Nussbaum, Mary-Kay Latourneau), it is the first type that we have to finally give a face to – she is the one that is quietly victimizing thousands of young children who have nowhere to turn for safety. And the children ARE young. Studies have concluded that women abusers victimize younger children than male abusers – probably because of their role as caretakers. If current research is correct and more female than male children are sexually abused, then it is logical to conclude that more girls may grow up to be sexual offenders themselves and there may be a significantly larger number of female sexual abusers than we had previously imagined.
It is up to us to put aside deep-rooted myths about females, and more specifically mothers, in order to deal with the widespread problem of child abuse and more accurately expose all types of child sexual abusers.
©Copyright 2010 by Roni Weisberg-Ross L.M.F.T. All Rights Reserved. Permission to publish granted to GoodTherapy.org. The following article was solely written and edited by the author named above. The views and opinions expressed are not necessarily shared by GoodTherapy.org. Questions or concerns about the following article can be directed to the author or posted as a comment to this blog entry. Click here to contact Roni and/or see her GoodTherapy.org Profile
- In: Activism | Bad Mommies | Bad Moms | Battered Moms | Battered Mothers Custody Conference | Best interest of the child | Child Abuse by Mothers | Child Custody | Child Custody for mothers | Child Custody Issues | Child Pornography | Child Rape | Children and Domestic Violence | Children who witness abuse | Children's rights | Civil rights | Divorce | Domestic Abuse | Domestic Violence | Domestic Violence Against Children | Family Court Reform | Females who hate females | Females who molest kids | Females who rape children | Hate Crimes | Non-Custodial Mothers | Sociopaths
- Comments Off on MOTHER PLEADS GUILTY IN DEATH OF HER CHILD
Copyright © 2008 Denver Daily News. All rights reserved. Web Design by
- In: Bad Mommies | Bad Moms | Battered Moms | Best interest of the child | Child Abuse | Child Custody | Child custody for fathers | Child Custody for mothers | Child Custody Issues | Child Pornography | Child Rape | Children and Domestic Violence | Children who witness abuse | Domestic Relations | Domestic Violence | Domestic Violence Against Children | Family Court Reform | Family Courts | Family Rights | Females who hate females | Females who molest kids | Females who rape children | Mom Rapists | Moms and Child Abuse | Mother's Rights | Mothers | Non-Custodial Mothers | Noncustodial Mothers | Sociopaths
- Comments Off on Mother of scalded boy pleads guilty in 2-year-old’s death
Mother of scalded boy pleads guilty in 2-year-old’s death
DENVER – A woman pleaded guilty on Wednesday to the death of her 2-year-old son in 2008 who died after being scalded in a bathtub.
The Denver District Attorney’s office says 24-year-old Isela Reyes-Talamantes pleaded guilty to child abuse resulting in death.
Denver Police say she brought her 2-year-old son, Elijah Archuleta, to St. Anthony Central Hospital on Nov. 7, 2008 with severe burns. He was pronounced dead shortly after he got to the hospital.
In exchange for her guilty plea, the first-degree murder charge against Reyes-Talamantes was dropped.
She will be sentenced on March 19 and could get up to 32 years in prison.
A co-defendant, John Vigil, is charged with first-degree murder and child abuse resulting in death.
During a preliminary hearing it surfaced that Elijah’s then 4-year-old sister told investigators that Vigil had “got fire on Elijah in the bathtub.”
Pictures show that the burns to the boy were so severe that the skin on his forehead and chin had fallen off.
- In: Activism | Bad Mommies | Bad Moms | Battered Moms | Battered Mothers Custody Conference | Best interest of the child | Canada | Child Abuse | Child Custody | Child Custody for mothers | Child Pornography | Child Rape | Children and Domestic Violence | Children who witness abuse | Mothers | Non-Custodial Mothers | Sociopaths
- Comments Off on Sumter Mom Charged with Killing Her 3-Month-Old Baby
Sumter Mom Charged with Killing Her 3-Month-Old Baby
Sumter, SC (WLTX) – Sumter police have charged a mother, Rayshana Harvin, with homicide by child abuse in the death of her three-month old son.
Harvin, 20, is currently booked at the Sumter County Jail.
Police say that about 3:48 a.m. Monday, officers got a call that a child was not breathing at a home on Byrd Street. Emergency personnel found an infant child who was unresponsive.
The child was then taken to Tuomey Hospital, where doctors were able to regain a pulse. Doctors examined the baby, and an x-ray revealed that the child had a skull fracture, officers say. The child was then taken to Richland Memorial Hospital.
At the time of the incident, the child was being cared for by Harvin. Investigators say they questioned Harvin about her child’s injuries at the police station, and at that time, she implicated herself in the physical abuse.
She was initially charged with unlawful abuse/conduct toward a child, but those charges were upgraded after the child passed away just after 3 p.m.
Two other children at the home have been taken into emergency custody by the Department of Social Services.
The case remains under investigation. An official cause of death will be determined by the coroner’s office.
- In: Bad Mommies | Bad Moms | Battered Moms | Battered Mothers Custody Conference | Best interest of the child | Child Abuse | Child Abuse by Mothers | Child Custody for mothers | Child Custody Issues | Child Pornography | Child Rape | Children and Domestic Violence | Children who witness abuse | Domestic Violence | Mothers | Non-Custodial Mothers | Sociopaths
- Comments Off on Child abuse suspect evicted from apartment
CHARLESTON, W.Va. — A Charleston mother who was arrested for felony child neglect causing risk of injury was evicted from her apartment on Indiana Avenue.
Jessica McClure, 24, had eviction papers served to her at the South Central Regional Jail on Jan. 7 after her landlord decided “the property has been deliberately or negligently damaged by the respondent(s) <t40>…<t$>,” according to a filing in Kanawha County Magistrate Court.
According to the filing, trash and clothes were strewn about the residence, and dog feces and urine were all over the floor.
The landlord asked that he gain “possession as quick as possible.”
McClure was arrested Jan. 2 after Charleston Police said she was forcing her 2-year-old son to sleep strapped into a vehicle safety seat on the floor of their garbage-strewn home because there was “not enough room for him on the mattress or couches, occupied by her and her adult visitors,” according to the original criminal complaint.
Police judged the residence to be “unfit for any child to inhabit,” according to the complaint.
Della Jackson and James Usher, friend and cousin to the defendant respectively, were also arrested in connection with child abuse resulting in injury after police found pictures of McClure’s 2-year-old son duct-taped at the ankles, torso, wrists and mouth, according to a criminal complaint filed Jan. 4.
McClure, Jackson and Usher are all being held at the South Central Regional Jail on a $100,000 surety or 10 percent cash bond each.